This is a very sad news for me, though I think it might be a good news to you, but I think ultimately I don’t think anyone would care enough because no matter what shit a person go through, he / she just have to get on with life.
At least I know that Oi would be very happy that I made up this decision.
Anyway, point is, after much thinking, figuring, brainstorming, struggle between life and death, I painstakingly made up my mind to not go overseas for my studies.
1) My parents will not able to afford for my studies
2) Ultimate conclusion : I am not fated to be rich bastard
I went to check up on the study loan interest, though previously I already thought it will be 4.5% and then I realized that the interest rate is 5.25 or 2.52 or somewhere there in between P.A. I would never never ever be able to repay that debt unless I slogged my poor ass off, get rid of my Leo personality and shopping illness for the next 10 years of my life after graduation. After 10 years of slogging off, I would still have to spend another year to repay my parent’s CPF debt and then I will start slogging my already poor ass for the next [insert number here from when I’m 31 until the year I’m dead lying in the coffin] working to buy car, house, and just surviving in this society.
I have no idea why I didn’t see it that I would never be able to repay the 60-80k of SGD no matter with interest or not, then again, maybe ultimately I just didn’t want to go overseas alone. ‘sides, there’s too much procedures I would have to do if I am really to go studies abroad.
After thinking through, I think with a SIM computing science certificate, or a Monash University computing science, I think at most the difference in the salary is at most $200? Unless I could have graduated from Monash with a First Class Degree (which is quite impossible because I could never never ever become a person who mugged 24/7), or unless there is a company that really just require people to hold a cert that is from overseas. One of my colleague kinda struck some sense into my harder-than-diamond stubborn brain that actually it doesn’t really matter which school you’re from, as long as it’s recognized and it’s more important to aim for the top 5% or top 10% instead of aiming which better university to go to.
Thus, that is the reason why I ultimately chose this. Tsk.
Now, the problem is whether I should work for another year and apply for NTU next year or just apply for SIM next year. If I’m applying for SIM, then there’s no rush to go in since I can wait for next year’s intake, and if that’s the case, I might as well wait for next year’s NTU intake since there isn’t much difference too. Ayz, this is so frustrating.